Thursday, January 07, 2010

New Year's Goals

This year we didn't make New Year's resolutions we made New Year's Goals. Resolutions rarely seem to work because you make it and it seems to always fall through. For us we do better having a goal in front of us that we can work towards, we did great with this last year so hopefully we will have the same success.

Our First and most important goal this year is to be more temperate. We got this idea from a wonderful talk in Octobers General Conference.


http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-1117-13,00.html

In our how we do have a bad habit of getting angry easily, so our goal is to change this. We really want to teach our boys how to work through their anger and be better than us. We also want to teach them how to be humble and not prideful. After reading this article in November it hit me right away that this needs to be a goal in our home. We are off to a slow start but we are working on it.

Our other big goal is one that we always make year round and that is to build up our savings and do better about not spending our money frivolously. This is always a work in progress but as long as we get somewhere I believe we can accomplish this goal.

We want to wish everyone a Happy New Year!!!

3 comments:

The Sutton's said...

good job on setting goals!! I really need to do that one of these days, hehehe!

Jules said...

What a great point! I don't even bother to make resolutions anymore...but I don't make goals either (I just have the same ones that I'm always working on), so this is a great kick in the pants for me!

I also loved your honesty, not many people are brave enough to admit the weaknesses they feel they have.

Sarah Larsen said...

I just found your blog! I'm gonna stock you now. :)