So Boo had a fantastic idea Friday morning. He asked me if we could go camping and I said no we couldn't so he asked if we could do a campfire. So I told him I would talk to Daddy and let him know. Well after talking to Daddy, we thought it was fine to go do a campfire. I got everything ready for when James got home from work, then we left to drop by Wal-Mart to get a couple of extra needed things and we were off to the mountains in Tooele. The boys were so excited when we got there and were off exploring and helping Daddy find the small stuff to start the fire.James doing his manly duty making the fire, what a hottie!
We roasted hot dogs for dinner, and James did a fantastic job. They were so yummy and Daemon ACTUALLY ate, it was amazing. And then for dessert of course you have to roast marshmallows and make smores, mmm mmm good!!
Here's Daemon trying to be like Daddy and Brother. He saw them pee on a bush so he thought he could too. So we pulled down his pants, then walked around with them around his ankles for a second. It was so funny, James and I were laughing so hard. It will be something we will always remember.
Boo figured out that when he put the stick into the fire it would get hot and a little fire on the end and he thought that was pretty cool. He enjoyed playing with that for awhile. Daemon of course saw brother doing it so he had to try too. And he at one point thought it looked just like a sparkler and started waving it around. Needless to say after that he was done, even though it was cute and funny how much of a smartie pants he is.
Daemon trying to blow out his stick.
At first I didn't really want to go, I was tried and my allergies were killing me, but I sucked it up for my kids and I'm so glad I did, we had so much fun. The kids were so good while we were there. We were only about 20ft from the road in the canyon and we didn't have to get after the boys once for going near it, they stayed close to us and our little area. The kids also had so much fun, it was a pure moment of joy. We are going to try and do another campfire before it gets too too cold, but I think next summer we will do this a lot more campfires.
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
AWESOME! That's what we ended up doing a lot too. Camping overnight just takes so much work and no one gets a whole lot of sleep! The campfires are pretty much just as good in the kids' eyes, so what the hey right!
PS Where's that belly!!!!????
Post a Comment