Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I know I have become very bad at blogging, but it's kinda been same ol' same ol'. This past weekend though my dear and wonderful parents were in town. On Friday my mom and me got some girl time and when to get pedicures, then we all went to the Oquirr Mountain Temple Open House. It was so much fun to do that with my parents and my kids. I was a little worried how the kids would do but they did okay. It was a wonderful expedience and I actually learned some new things. And of course I forgot the camera, so no pictures.

On Saturday we bummed around and went to Ikea. Then afterwards my parents watched the kids so James and I could go to his 10 year high school reunion. It was fun/interesting, makes me NEVER want to go back through high school again, and wonder what my 10 year high school reunion will bring. Luckily Justin and Olivia showed up so we had some one to hang out and well someone I knew. Well, we finally decided to ditch out and try and go see a movie which didn't happen, nothing was showing at the time. But, we walked around the Gateway and enjoyed time together.
Father's Day was nice and relaxing. James got a new phone, which he absolutely LOVES! James did have to teach Sunday School but did a GREAT job, like always, then after church he watched the USA vs. Egypt Soccer game, and luckily the USA won, so that made his day. But, we just got to relax and enjoy it was wonderful. Then I made a nice dinner for the men.
On Monday James had to work but my parents, the kids, and I went to the Benson Gris Mill. It was fun. I've lived next to it for almost 2 years and I've never been there and it's kinda cool to see it and learn some about it. Boo enjoyed the tour guide and holding her and trying to get her to open EVERYTHING. It was cute. I think one of his favorite things was the Blacksmith's shop, of course, it had tools!



Boo finally pooped out. He LOVED having my parents here, he was my dad's little buddy. My dad even took him on a bike ride, not long but still it made his day. Both the kids loved having my parents around, and so did I. It was wonderful to see them, and they were so helpful with the boys . It was fun to see how much the boys love and enjoyed having my parent around. It's sometimes hard since they don't get to see them to much and they get to see James parents a lot, but I know now they have a great love and relationship with my parents too.

2 comments:

Stacie said...

Cute blog! I didn't know you had one until I saw your comment on Leah's. I still haven't been to the Grist Mill, but I'm sure we'll go someday.

Jules said...

I love visiting with the parentals! And that is such a cute "nap" picture!