Monday, June 08, 2009

A first....

So my sister and my niece made some really cute blankets and so I decided I would give it a shot. I've done the basic squares quilt, and only had a couple of successful ones that everything lines up right. Well this isn't like that. It is a full on quilt, cutting all the squares, sewing them together to make bigger squares and then putting it all together...aaahhhh. It was a little intimidating at first, but it actually pretty easy and went quite fast. I have to say I'm so proud of myself that I did it by myself with only a couple of calls to my sister with questions. this is only the top I still have to do the border and the back and do the quilting of it which is going to be another call to my sister since I have never done that either. It's been fun doing and learning something new!

2 comments:

Leah and Mike said...

What a cute quilt!! I am very impressed :)

Jules said...

Very pretty! Quite impressive for your first quilt...look at you miss hidden talents!!! Wow!