Monday, November 24, 2008

Wedding

This last weekend Daemon and i flow down to Tucson, Az for my sister's wedding. The two James' got to spend a weekend on their own. They luckily survived, partly thanks to family. They did some stuff around the house to keep them busy then on Saturday went down to John and Lori's to watch the big game, U of U vs. BYU. Then Sunday they spent a man day watching the MLS cup, which Columbus won. Then ended the day coming to get Daemon and I from the airport.




Daemon did not do so well on the plane. From about 20,000 feet up until we landed Daemon screamed the whole time. My guess was the pressure on his ears was hurting him. He won't let me do anything for him, if I touched him he got even madder. So I left him be on the floor until we started to descend and I had to hold him, more like fight to hold him.

For the flight home I called our pediatrician to see if there was anything we could do to help him, and they told me Benydril. Well it helped a little but wasn't the greatest. On the way home he only screamed on the way up and down. When we were at altitude for the middle on the flight I was able to get him to stop crying. Needless to say I'm not going to be flying any time soon if I can help it.

This is my latest cake. It's supposed to be ivory but in the lights in the cultural hall made it turn kinda orangish, but oh well. The cake was for my sister's wedding. And I think it was one of the easiest wedding cake I've done.





My sister, Jessica's, wedding...


Jess' dress was made by a lady in my other sister's ward. And it turned our beautiful.

My wonderful mom and dad, looking Great!


An applause for the new Mr. and Mrs. Steven Wright. Daemon was having issues during the ceremony so I didn't get to hear much and when they were doing the actual wedding part, I thought the Bishop was saying White not Wright and I was like me and my sister have the same name...but no I finally heard Wright. Oh btw, this was the first time I had ever met my sister's new husband. I didn't see him until about 1 1/2 hours before the wedding. She had sent me an invitation but must have gotten the wrong address because it got sent back to her.

I'm really excited for Jess, she seems the happiest she has in along time. I wish her the best of luck with her new husband Steve!

Over all it was a good trip, it was just very busy, and short. I can't wait until Christmas when I actually get to spend some time with my side of the family.

1 comments:

Jules said...

How fun...well aside from all the stressful parts. Congrats to Jess and Steve. I'm sure I'll get all the details from you later.

The cake is amazing by the way. Apparently you have this new talent you've been keeping a secret from me. I loved the Halloween one. When did you learn cake decorating?