Over the weekend Boo started to complain that his tooth was hurting, and since it was the weekend we had to explain there was nothing we could do until Monday. After a while and a dose of Motrin, he stopped complaining. Well we got into the dentist on Wednesday and got him checked and cleaned and found out why his tooth was hurting. Well it was a small cavity that rooted it's way down to the nerves and at the nerves was an infection. So the Dr. said it would be best to just pull it out. For the infection they started him on some antibiotics, and we scheduled an appointment for today to get it pulled out. When I tried to explain to him what was going to happen he was totally fine with it and was excited that the tooth fairy. I wasn't really sure that he really understood, but didn't talk about it too much I didn't want him to get nervous or scared.
Thursday, October 15, 2009
When we got to the dentist this morning they started to numb him up and gave him some medicine that would calm him down relax him. After waiting for the medicine to kick in and for Boo's mouth to fully numb, they pulled the tooth out in about a minute. The medicine they gave him made him a little loopy and tipsy. He did GREAT though, I was so proud of him. After we got home he was really starting to understand all that happened and wanted his tooth back in. Here's a picture of his tooth, I forgot how big the roots of molars are, wow, but you can see the little cavity in it.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment