Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Birthday Time.

I can't believe my little boy is 6 years old and starting 1st grade in the fall. Time has gone by WAY to fast. We started out the day with "cowboy breakfast" or commonly know as pancakes, eggs, bacon. For James I made him a "J" pancake, which was just so cool.
Later in the day we went swimming, but I didn't get any pictures really. Then we went to the Hospital, James now has to share is birthday with his new cousin. Because of all the new rules at the hospital's on the mom/baby floor James didn't to actually see his new cousin, but I did. He was a little sad about that, but excited he gets to share a birthday. Then we proceeded to his dinner request.....McDonald's! We enjoyed a family dinner and some playtime in the play place before going home to open a couple of presents and jumping as a family on the trampoline. Overall James said he had a wonderful birthday.

Then the day after we did our big family birthday party. We just had pizza and presents on our driveway, I know classy! I try to do something special for the kids every year for their birthday, usually a birthday sign, but instead we MADE the pinata to save money. It was very time consuming but worth it because James LOVED it and you can't really find one like I made. Hopefully you can tell it's 2 light sabers fighting. And instead of doing goody bags for all the cousins I put the candy and goodies in the pinata! I was worried at first how it would hold up to the first hit since it was home made, but it lasted a while I was quite surprised. I'm just glad all the kids got a chance.
Birthday Wish! James' cake wasn't all out because I was doing a wedding cake at the same time but he loved it and that's all that mattered., and it was an ice cream cake! If you can see I did utilize a McDonald's toy for James' cake :D
Some of James' favorite things:

Dad, and anything he gets to do with Dad

getting up WAY to early

Riding bikes, it is so fun to watch because all the boys get each other and ride up and down the street together, it's like a wolf pack

Bionicles

Legos

fighting with his brother

favorite color as of today is Black but it does change depending on the day

favorite food....McDonald's.....fruit/melons

favorite superhero is Dad and Spiderman

Loves asking questions!

0 comments: