Monday, December 14, 2009

Santa Leo

I know I have been a complete slacker as of late when it comes to blogging, but I just haven't had the emph to do a whole lot of anything. To catch you up James got the best early Christmas present ever and got to go to Seattle for the MLS Cup Finals. James has really gotten into Soccer the last couple of years, and this was a great opportunity for him and he got to go with one of his brothers and dad. They took a bus with tons of other Real Fans to Seattle a total round trip of about 36ish hours. The bus ride wasn't the greatest but the experience was worth it all. Real Won the game in penalty kicks, and it was overall an AMAZING game. I am so grateful I decided to let him go, even though I had a weekend alone with the kids.
And with James' new found love of soccer comes many other things than watching it and going to games. After Real won they had a celebration party where you could go and get you picture taken with the cup, which James of course went and took the boys with him, hopefully I'll get that picture up soon. And for the Christmas season Real set up some times that you could go visit with Santa Leo, the mascot.

Little James was so excited. He always wants to go and meet Leo at the games but we have never been able to get to him, so this was a great chance for him to meet him up close! The boys loved it. Daemon was great at first with Leo, then very timid and hide behind me, then by the time we left the store he was fine again. I was so fun to see. They just had Santa Leo walking around the Store at the Stadium. Leo even got out a soccer ball and was kicking it with the boys. I think after we left was one of my favorite parts. After we got in the car and were leaving James asked me, "Mom, Who is inside Leo?" Being a good Mom I said no one it's just Leo, but I had the biggest smile on my face and was laughing inside. I can't believe how smart and how observant he is becoming. He also noticed that Santa Leo had the same shoes as Daddy. So cute and funny. I really do love having my boys. They bring a smile to my face every day, which make all the other stuff worth it.

1 comments:

The Sutton's said...

how cute is James asking who is inside Leo! your boys are sooo cute!!! We miss you guys and need to hang out soon!!!