Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Announcing ....

Announcing Abigail Lee White
Born March 2, 2010 at 1:01 am 7lbs 14 oz 19 1/2 in





My water broke at about 7 :15pm on Monday night while putting the bedding in Abby's crib. So much for being induced. I called James and he was just getting onto I-80 on his way home from work. So he rushed home to get me. We got to the hospital just after 8pm got in a room then waited. I wasn't really having an major contractions, but there were 4 other people that came in in labor about the same time. So it took a little bit to get things started. I finally got my IV about 10pm and they started me on some patosin, which of course got things moving. After chilin' for a little I got an epidural, 2 hours later Abigail joined our family and I got the best birthday present, a precious little girl.

After an exciting and tiring night, it was time to try and get some rest, at least as much as possible. We had a fairly good day in the hospital just tried to relax and enjoy our new little one. Just after dinner I was holding Abby when she spit up and it had some green in it, so I called the nurse. Next thing I know she's spitting up more and foaming out the mouth noise and is turning purple so I hit the nurse button again to tell them she's not breathing. They run in and run her to the nursery, as they leave room she gives out a small cry. While I start balling, James goes to the nursery to see what's going on. They got a tube down into her stomach and pumped all the green fluid out. Since the fluid was green they wanted to run some tests, so off to the NICU and then an ambulance ride to Primary Children's Hospital from some tests. They wanted to make sure there wasn't any twist in her intestines. After a couple hours, Abby was back at LDS and the tests were clear. Everything was okay. They had her IV so she stayed in the NICU overnight. They took her off the IV on Wednesday morning and I was about to nurse again, but she had to stay in the NICU for 24 hours so they could monitor her. She did good so on Thursday morning she got released. It was quite a scare, but we are so glad that she is healthy and that nothing was wrong. And we were so excited to bring her home to meet her brothers!

Time to go HOME!!!
The kids weren't allowed on the Mother/Baby floor so they weren't able to meet Abigail until she got home. When we first got home James was at school so Daemon got to see Abigail first. He wasn't to sure at first until James got home and held Abby first.

James was SO excited that Abby was home and so excited to hold her. He just LOVES this little girl. Ever since she came home he wants to be close to her and hold her. Sadly he has had a cough, but we have done our best to keep he couching away from her and hands washed, but she has still gotten a cold :(.
We are so luck to have this Precious little girl in our family. We all love her so much. And since I'm so late in posting at her 2 week check up she was 8 lbs 4 oz and 21 inches, she she's growing wonderfully.

5 comments:

Stacie said...

She is SO precious! What a scary experience at the hospital. I am glad she is doing well now.

Lindsey said...

Crystal, she's beautiful! Congrats again!!!

The Sutton's said...

What a beautiful baby!! I am so sorry for all that you have been through, that is no fun. If you need any help please let me know.

Jules said...

Congrats! It was great to see you, and good luck with the RSV! You're strong, you can do this!!!

Jenni M. said...

Congratulations! How wonderful to have her home and healthy!